Wednesday, February 17, 2016

Minors Deported From Mexico

Boz has a hardbreaking story about sitting next to a Honduran boy on a flight from Mexico City to San Pedro Sula. The boy was being deported, and wanted to get to his parents in New York City.

I asked the question in the best way I could think of, in a way without suggesting the answer I both expected and feared. "David, are you going to be returning to school when you get back to Honduras." 
There was no hesitation in his response, "No, I'll be coming back to Mexico.” Just like I have heard from so many others in Central America in recent years, deportation wasn’t going to deter him. He’d be turning right back around to try again.

Go ahead and read the whole thing.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP