Thursday, June 20, 2013

Rolo Diez's Tequila Blue

I am always on the lookout for good Latin American mysteries/crime novels in translation. Rolo Diez's Tequila Blue is one of the few I have disliked. The main character, a cop in Mexico City, is amoral and unlikeable, and I ended up not caring what happened to anyone, whether the crime was solved, or anything else. It was short, so I sped through rather than just set it down.

I suppose the intent was to immerse you in the corruption, the mordidas, the utter hopelessness of the police bureaucracy in Mexico. At least in this case, that could've been achieved just as well in a short story. Stick with Paco Ignacio Taibo II instead.

1 comments:

Candy Waldorf 5:02 PM  

Omg!!! you are sooo lucky. Enjoy your stays and have a safe trip. Looking forward to see the posts <3

xx

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP