Friday, August 04, 2006

Mexico protests

As my previous posts have shown, I am interested in the very different perceptions of the AMLO protests. On the one hand, for example, the BBC says AMLO supporters were "digging in." CNN has news of how the protests blocked the stock exchange. On the other hand, Ricardo's Blog reports from Mexico City that the tents are largely empty. I'd love to see polls that might shed some light on the popular reaction to the protests, and some estimates on the current number of people participating in the tent protests.

1 comments:

Greg Weeks 8:47 PM  

Thanks--my friend Mike Aleles recommended your blog, which I enjoy. From the U.S., it is exceedingly difficult to get a true feel for the nature of the protest. So much of the coverage (either in the mainstream media or in blogs) has a slant.

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP